Work with your Handz
We are hiring an HVAC Operations Manager
Join us at the leading force in the heating and cooling industry across Southeast Michigan, renowned and trusted for over 20 years. We hold a strong commitment to ensuring our customers’ experiences exceed expectations through our unwavering delivery of superior-quality work. We’re on a hunt for an extraordinary HVAC Operations Manager, a keystone role tasked with empowering and leading our HVAC Service, Sales, and Install teams to reach their highest potential.
If you have a proven track record in nurturing talent, inspiring excellence, and holding team members accountable, then this is more than a job, it’s your next career milestone! Be part of our legacy and take the lead in crafting an exceptional customer experience. Come make a difference with us!
What can we do for you?
- Provide stability
- Professional, team-oriented work environment
- Appreciation – Our employees are NOT a number
- 24/7 free onsite gym
- Holiday parties
- Company lunches
- Team breakfasts
- Weekly meetings
- Weekly vendor trainings
- Opportunities for advancement
- Supportive management
Benefits for the HVAC Operations Manager:
- Health, Vision, Dental Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- Weekly trainings
- Company events
- Staff Appreciation Days/Week
- Short-Term Disability
- Take home vehicle
- Company cell phone
- Salary from $75,000 + bonuses
Step into the role of HVAC Operations Manager, where your expertise will truly make a difference. This pivotal position calls for an inspirational leader to MOTIVATE, EDUCATE, DIRECT, and MENTOR our service team to unprecedented heights of success. By holding them accountable to their Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and offering necessary training, you will lay the foundation for their advancement and our company’s growth.
Your ability to evaluate, interpret, and scrutinize our market area is critical to this role, ensuring our HVAC team consistently surpasses objectives and goals during their in-home service assignments.
The candidate we envision for this role boasts a proven track record of excellence in customer service management and a knack for guiding teams to impressive results. We seek a dynamic, inquisitive individual who leads with unwavering commitment and sets the pace for others to follow. Embark on this rewarding journey with us, and let your leadership light the way to success.
Responsibilities of our next HVAC Operations Manager:
- Develops and implements best operational practices while continually focusing on continuous improvement and process enhancements to achieve budgeted gross margins.
- Oversees Department spend to include labor, vendor agreements, inventory, and fleet. Responsible for facilities management, inspections, maintenance, repair, and installation to ensure protection of company assets.
- Oversees safety compliance to include employee training, safety tracking, employee compliance assessments, and incident investigations are completed properly and corrective actions are implemented when necessary.
- Ensures all personnel adhere to OSHA safety standards and team members are safety conscious at all times.
- Maintains compliance of licensing, permitting, and code requirements.
- Manages and develops service staff to include termination, discipline, accountability, scheduling, setting work priorities, conducting staff meetings, evaluating performance and directing work assignments to maximize production.
- Evaluates workloads and personnel schedules to maximize efficiency in achieving profit and customer satisfaction objectives.
- Maintains training of field personnel on systems, tools, and procedures utilizing in-house training, ride-alongs, Success Academy, webinars, and online training programs.
- Provides leadership/coaching, feedback, and ongoing technical and communication training to all subordinates to increase performance.
- Reviews service paperwork and ensures all field personnel adhere to procedural standards of reporting and documentation.
- Conducts job site surveys, field personnel ride-alongs, and work evaluations.
- Assists the dispatching operation in ensuring appropriate technician selection for the type of service.
- Ensures accurate documentation of dispatch, arrival, and completion times.
- Effectively manages conflict resolution with clients through clear communication, addressing all concerns, questions, or problems expediently
Requirements of our next HVAC Operations Manager:
- 5+ years of HVAC experience, Service and Install required.
- 5+ years of HVAC Management experience preferred.
- EPA and NATE Certification required.
- Chauffeur’s License Required.
- Strong knowledge of HVAC systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Great communication skills; both written and oral.
- Must enjoy leading a team to reach their maximum potential.
- Strong business acumen and desire continue learning.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with strong personalities.
- Ability to pull reports and analyze data from Service Titan or similar system.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer which offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and company vehicles, paid training, advancement opportunities within your field and our company, and a respected leader in the home services industry.