Work with your Handz
We are hiring a Dispatcher!!
For over 90 years, homeowners throughout Brooklyn have counted on us to provide professional and dependable plumbing, heating, and air services.
The Dispatcher’s number one objective is to ensure the company’s daily revenue target is achieved daily. This is accomplished by prioritizing jobs, service technicians, and working with the CSRs to ensure to unfilled spots on the board for the day.
WHAT CAN WE DO FOR YOU AS DISPATCHER?
- Very Generous Paid Time Off Policy
- The full benefits package is largely paid by the company
- We protect and invest in your and your family’s future via matched 401-K retirement.
- We encourage and act on your feedback and suggestions.
- Opportunity for advancement – Unlimited growth potential
- Be a part of a winning team – Named 2021 & 2022 Best of Brooklyn for Plumbing and Air Conditioning
- Close-knit community environment
- Uniform & Phone provided
BENEFITS FOR THE DISPATCHER:
- 80% of the full Health benefits package including family for married employees
- 401K with company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Referral Program
- Pay ranges from $25-$30/hour
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE DISPATCHER:
- Learn the business and learn how to prioritize a schedule
- Assign jobs to Service Technicians based on call priority level/type as well as communication ability and technical ability of the Technician (Right Tech to Right Call)
- Ensure a quality customer experience by relaying detailed and accurate information to the technicians in the field.
- Manage the dispatch board to ensure technicians are moving and generating revenue efficiently
- Communicate with the Purchasing/Warehouse Coordinator to ensure technicians get materials delivered to the job quickly and efficiently (avoid sending technicians to supply houses – keep technicians working and productive).
- Work with the Permit Clerk to ensure that all jobs that require permits have them pulled and closed according to local city/county/state requirements
- Update customers throughout the day on the technician’s progress.
- Update customer information in the company’s CRM systems accurately.
- Participate in on-call phone rotation
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DISPATCHER:
- Minimum of 2 years of Plumbing Dispatching experience required
- Scheduling experience preferred
- Proficient computer knowledge; good typist and proficient with phone systems
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle challenging situations with ease and empathy
- Excellent ability to multi-task