Work With Your Handz
WE ARE HIRING a Boiler Service Technician
We have been in business for 97 years and are dedicated to the customer experience. As a family-owned business, we recognize the importance of providing the old‐fashioned, personalized service similar to that of yester‐year. You’re not just another customer, you’re a valued part of our success. Our employees are trained to provide great customer service to fuel the success.
WHAT CAN WE DO FOR YOU?
- Very Generous Vacation/PTO Policies
- Competitive Wage based on your experience – $20-$55/hour
- Full benefits package largely paid by the company
- We protect and invest in your and your family’s future via matched 401-K retirement.
- We encourage and act on your feedback and suggestions.
- Opportunity for advancement – Unlimited growth potential
- Be a part of a winning team – Named 2021 & 2022 Best of Brooklyn for Plumbing and Air Conditioning
- Close-knit community environment
- Uniform & Phone provided
Tasks of the Boiler Service Technician:
- Basic pump repair knowledge and skills, including but not limited to circulating pumps and oil pumps.
- Maintains customers’ oil burners, boilers, furnaces and associated controls.
- Restores power when failures have occurred and restarts and resets equipment as necessary.
- Basic boiler burner troubleshooting skills, electrical and mechanical.
- Knowledge of burner oil systems.
- Perform necessary service on customer’s heating equipment related to emergency service calls. These calls are performed as daily duties and on call situations.
- Check or investigate new or old burner systems for proper operation and repair.
- Maintain necessary parts inventory in technicians’ service van.
Requirements for the Boiler Service Technician:
- Minimum of four years of related experience.
- Knowledge of burner wiring, circuitry, installation, and maintenance.
- Thorough understanding of safety procedures.
- Knowledge of boilers and hydronic and steam heating systems.
- Position requires bending, kneeling, lifting heavy objects, driving, climbing stairs, and standing for long periods of time.
- Basic Language and Mathematical Skills required.
- Must have a clean, valid driver’s license. · Be willing to pursue any required licenses and certifications.
- 80% of full Health benefits package including family for married employees
- 401K with company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Referral Program
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, veteran status, disability, or other protected category. We are an equal opportunity employer. Pre-employment background checks and drug tests are required to be considered for this position.