Work With Your Handz
Join our dynamic and rapidly growing construction company in the greater Worcester, MA area as a Controller. We are a 50+ employee construction company seeking an experienced and talented individual to join our team.
As a Controller, you will be responsible for the daily accounting and bookkeeping needs of the company, including financial reporting, maintaining accounting records, and implementing controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk. The ideal candidate should possess an Associate’s degree in accounting, a minimum of 5 years of experience in high-level accounting, and construction/service-related experience is preferred. Additionally, the candidate should be proficient in QuickBooks online and desktop, have the ability to create, edit, and manage complex spreadsheets, and have prior experience overseeing payroll, AP/AR departments, and its employees.
We offer a highly competitive salary of $85,000-$120,000 DOE and a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage, vision and dental insurance, paid time off, holidays, 401K with matching, and professional development classes.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining and enforcing a documented system of accounting principles and procedures.
- Managing outsource functions and accounting vendors.
- Overseeing the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals.
- Performing accounting functions 75% of the time and focusing on budgeting, forecasting, and strategizing 25%.
- Managing accounts payable and receivable direct reports.
- Ensuring that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that accounts receivable is collected promptly.
- Processing payroll in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that monthly bank reconciliations are completed.
- Ensuring that required debt payments are made on a timely basis.
- Ensuring month-end close is completed in a timely manner.
- Issuing timely and complete financial statements.
- Coordinating the preparation of the corporate annual report.
- Recommending benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations.
- Calculating and issuing financial and operating metrics.
- Preparing tax documents for filing.
- Coordinating the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit.
- Monitoring debt levels.
- Complying with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
The ideal candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, an ethical mindset, financial forecasting experience, strategic planning expertise, strong business acumen, and prior management experience. QuickBooks online and desktop experience is preferred.
If you are looking for a fun and professional environment to showcase your talents and be a part of a rapidly growing company, apply today! Please note that applicants will be subject to a background check, drug test, and credit check. We are an equal opportunity employer.