Work With Your Handz
WE ARE HIRING AN ENERGY & RISK MANAGEMENT INSPECTOR!
You are required to use your personal vehicle to drive to multiple job sites within your assigned area daily
The starting pay for this position is $40-45k per year plus a vehicle maintenance allowance.
We have been in business for more than two decades and are a leader in Home Energy Ratings. We provide a competitive compensation package and flexible benefits that reflect our commitment to creating a supportive workplace.
We are seeking motivated individuals who demonstrate a commitment and enthusiasm for Energy Efficiency, Energy Sustainability, and Building Energy Performance of New Residential Construction!
What can WE do for YOU?
- Provide stability – year-round employment
- Opportunity for advancement
- Flexible work schedule
- No weekends
- Paid on the job training
- Paid professional development through learning/certification opportunities
- Company-issued uniforms
- Company-issued gas cards, toll pass, and vehicle maintenance allowance (in addition to salary)
- Up to 20 annual paid days off
- State of the art equipment
- 401(k) with 4% company match – immediate vesting
What You’ll Do:
In this position, you will be provided paid on the job training that will prepare you to perform Home Energy Audits in accordance with RESNET Guidelines and to maintain systems and procedures to ensure that all structures are built in accordance with the Risk Management Program. This will include visual inspections of materials, data collection and visual observation of energy-efficient features, and the utilization of equipment to test system performance. This position requires you to become a certified HERS Rater. The geographical area assigned to this position includes a 100-mile radius with Raleigh, NC at its center.
Requirements for our next ENERGY & RISK MANAGEMENT INSPECTOR:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree or Vocational Certificate in the Skilled Trades Industry
- 2+ years of experience in HVAC, home remodeling, or construction is helpful
- HERS Rater, Energy Star, Green Building, ACCA 310 HVAC Grading, IECC, HVAC EPA, BPI, and LEED certifications are a plus
- Clean, safe driving record with a valid driver’s license and dependable transportation
- Must be physically able to fulfill job functions, including lifting up to 50 lbs, carrying equipment, climbing ladders, work in confined spaces, and using small tools and testing equipment
- Must be dependable, self-directed, and able to complete projects with limited supervision
- Must be willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations
- Must have reliable transportation and the ability to travel daily to job sites
Tasks for the ENERGY & RISK MANAGEMENT INSPECTOR:
- Perform Home Energy Audits in accordance with New Construction RESNET/Energy Star Guidelines including but not limited to:
- Visual Observation of energy-efficient features such as the quality of the installation of ductwork, insulation, framing, air sealing, ventilation, etc.
- Perform Blower Door and Duct Leakage Testing utilizing state of the art equipment and cutting-edge technology to test the building’s performance to meet industry standards
- Constantly monitor the client’s daily construction schedule to be on-site for program inspections. Items for inspection include Footings, Concrete Slabs/Wall/Foundation, Framing/Sheathing, Exterior Envelop/HouseWrap, Sound Testing/Sound Channel and Final Turnover for each site.
- Support the Field Operations Department with daily pre-drywall and final inspections, as needed
- Must become completely familiar with assigned site blueprints and specifications.
- Responsible for coordinating the completion of each structure within the Risk Management Program with client(s).
- Medical insurance with a contribution of up to 50% off the monthly premium
- Dental, and vision insurance available
- Basic life and supplemental life coverage available
- 401k with 4% company match and immediate vesting
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Pay increases available for approved job-related certifications
- Pay range is $40-55k per year
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, veteran status, disability, or other protected category. We are an equal-opportunity employer. Pre-employment background check is required to be considered for this position.