Work With Your Handz
The Human Resource Director will plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies, activities, safety, and staff of the Human Resource (HR) department, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organizations mission and talent strategy. This is an in-office position, no remote work.
What can WE do for YOU?
- Provide stability – over 30% of their staff has been employed 10 years or longer.
- They’ve been in business for 40 years and have 5-star reviews.
- They have a great benefits package (see full list below).
- They are a family-owned company with a fun, professional, and caring management team.
- They are growing and so are the opportunities for advancement.
- They provide ongoing training and professional development.
- They have box seats to the Nat’s, Caps, and Jiffy Lube Live for employees to enjoy!
- Pride in working for a company that makes a difference in the community and always does right by the customer.
- Culture of continuous improvement including the use of the latest technology platforms in the industry.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Maintaining and reporting on workplace health and safety compliance.
- Developing clear policies and ensuring policy awareness.
- Maintaining employee and workplace privacy.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Carrying out necessary administrative duties.
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organizations human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Administers or oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Monitors and ensures the organizations compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Develops and implements departmental budget.
- Facilitates professional development, training, and certification activities for HR staff.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least five years of human resource management experience required.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Paid vacation
- 401k with company match
- Health, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Dynamic work environment
- Family Atmosphere
- Supportive Management
- Competitive salary ranges from $90 – $100k