Work With Your Handz
NOW HIRING HVAC APPRENTICES!
We are a successful Residential Service Company that invests in our employees to ensure everyone’s success! Are you the HVAC Apprentice we are looking for? We offer competitive compensation and generous raises! Apply today to learn more!
What can WE do for YOU? Our benefits include:
- Transition pay while you start your job with us
- 6 paid Holidays
- iPad (so NO PAPERWORK)
- Paid day off for birthday
- Up to 4 weeks paid vacation
- Consistent and reliable full-time year-round work.
- 100% paid employee healthcare, vision and dental – NO EXTRA COST TO YOU
- Life insurance
- Take home vehicle for lead installers and technicians (gas card)
- Toll pass for company issued vehicle use (out of state residence or travel use)
- Tool Replacement Program
- 401K (up to 3% Match starting @ 1 yr.)
- Spiffs & Bonuses
- Company in house training
- Paid Week off for life changing event (Wedding, Newborn, 1st Home Purchase)
- No oil, steam, geothermal, propane or other companies warranty work
- 4- 10-hour shifts for service technicians (Lunch Excluded)
- NO ON CALL Schedule
- Company team events
Responsibilities of our HVAC Installer
- Replace any heating, air conditioning, or refrigeration equipment or complete systems.
- Test electrical circuits and components for continuity, using electrical test equipment.
- Test pipe or tubing joints and connections for leaks, using a pressure gauge or soap-and-water solution.
- Join pipes or tubing to the equipment and to the fuel, water, or refrigerant source in order to form a complete circuit.
- Lay out and connect electrical wiring between the controls and equipment according to the wiring diagram, using an electrician’s hand tools.
- Obtain and maintain required certifications.
- Install, connect, and adjust thermostats, humidistats, and timers, using hand tools.
- Comply with all applicable standards, policies, and procedures, including safety procedures and the maintenance of a clean work area.
- Inspect and test systems to verify compliance with plans and specifications and to detect and locate malfunctions.
Job Duties of an HVAC Installer:
- Knowledge of HVAC codes and proper application; knowledge of proper electrical and HVAC safety.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with internal and external customers.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer-focused work environment; ability to balance workload with technicians’ and customers’ needs.
- Ability to establish rapport with customers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion with information.
- Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must have strong math skills.
- Ability to utilize common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Ability to take timely action to effectively solve problems, using established policies and procedures.
Requirements for our next HVAC Installer
- 3 years prior experience as an Installer
- Must be able to measure, cut, and fit: black iron pipe, PVC, and copper refrigerant piping.
- Must have a basic understanding of low voltage control wiring and high voltage connections.
- Professional team player
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs.
- Ability to work in crawl spaces and attics.
- Must have EPA Certification.
- Nate Certification is a plus.