Work With Your Handz
We are hiring a Lead HVAC Installer!
Barker Heating and Cooling is proud to have served Livermore area communities since 1998. We focus on customer service and technical professionalism because once you’re a client, you become a part of the family. Not only do we have an excellent reputation for customer service, but we have an excellent reputation as a great place to work as well! We are committed to hiring and working with the best. We take pride in the work we do, and we want HVAC Installers who do the same!
The HVAC installer is responsible for accurately installing HVAC equipment in residential structures. Ideal candidates will have experience with installing top of the line heating and cooling equipment, heat pumps, ductless mini-splits, hot water boilers, water tanks, sheet metal installation, and basic fabrication.
Job Responsibilities of HVAC Installer:
- Replace any heating, air conditioning, or refrigeration equipment or complete systems.
- Test electrical circuits and components for continuity, using electrical test equipment.
- Test pipe or tubing joints and connections for leaks, using a pressure gauge or soap-and-water solution.
- Join pipes or tubing to the equipment and to the fuel, water, or refrigerant source in order to form a complete circuit.
- Lay out and connect electrical wiring between the controls and equipment according to the wiring diagram, using an electrician’s hand tools.
- Obtain and maintain required certifications.
- Install, connect, and adjust thermostats, humidistats, and timers, using hand tools.
- Comply with all applicable standards, policies, and procedures, including safety procedures and the maintenance of a clean work area.
- Inspect and test systems to verify compliance with plans and specifications and to detect and locate malfunctions.
Job Duties of an HVAC Installer:
- Knowledge of HVAC codes and proper application; knowledge of proper electrical and HVAC safety.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with internal and external customers.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer-focused work environment; ability to balance workload with technicians’ and customers’ needs.
- Ability to establish rapport with customers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion with information.
- Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must have strong math skills.
- Ability to utilize common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Ability to take timely action to effectively solve problems, using established policies and procedures.
Job Requirements for our next HVAC Installer
- 5 years prior HVAC Installer experience
- 3 years prior experience as a Lead HVAC Installer
- Must be able to measure, cut, and fit: black iron pipe, PVC, and copper refrigerant piping.
- Must have a basic understanding of low voltage control wiring and high voltage connections.
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs.
- Must have CFC/EPA Certification.
- Service experience desired but not required
- Valid driver’s license.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prefer a Trade School graduate
- Ability to explain technical information to non-technical customers
What can We do for you?
- Provide stability – we are a family-owned company and have been in business for over 23 years!
- We have a great benefits package
- We are growing and so are the opportunities for advancement.
- We provide ongoing training and professional development.
- Take pride in working for a company that makes a difference in the community and always
- Lucrative wage + bonus potential!
- Medical insurance
- Vision and dental insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Paid training classes
- Tool program
- Nice company trucks
- Opportunity for job growth within company