Work With Your Handz
Hiring Apprentice Plumbers!
We are an approved site for Veterans. Veterans can receive the benefits of the GI Bill!
The job of Plumbing Apprentice was established for the purpose/s of and under the direction of a journeyman and/or master plumber, maintaining plumbing systems, identifying repair and/or replacement needs; providing necessary information on the proper uses of the equipment; and ensuring adequate materials are available to complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Coordinates with supervisor and other trades for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently.
- Diagnoses problems and/or failures in plumbing systems (e.g. locate and repair water leaks, broken or frozen pipes, and plugged drains, etc.) for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair and replacement needs.
- Installs various domestic water and vacuum systems (e.g. hot water, chilled water, sewer, storm water, air, gas) for the purpose of providing a comfortable, sanitary, and safe environment inside facilities.
- Maintains tools and/or equipment for the purpose of ensuring the availability of plumbing systems in safe operating condition.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. scope of work, work orders, bids, equipment inventory, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written support and/or conveying information.
- Repairs various items, systems and/or components (e.g. toilets, sinks, vents, faucets, water softeners, garbage disposals, sewer lines, vacuum breakers, hot water heaters, sewer line blockages, urinals, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that items are available and in safe working condition.
- Repairs various types of pipes (e.g. iron, steel, copper, clay, plastic, and cement, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that items are functional and in safe working condition.
- Requests equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of required items.
- Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Tests for leaks in new and repaired systems with compressed air and/or water for the purpose of ensuring that items are functional and in safe working condition.
- Transports various items (e.g. tools, equipment, supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to perform multiple, technical tasks with a need to periodically upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: operating equipment used in the maintenance and repair of plumbing fixtures and systems; adhering to safety practices; and planning and managing projects.
- Ability to perform algebra and/or geometry; read technical information, compose a variety of documents, and/or facilitate group discussions; and solve practical problems. Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: safety practices and procedures; methods, techniques, materials, tools used in installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, diagnosis and repair of plumbing systems/sub systems; troubleshooting/maintaining plumbing systems; pertinent codes, policies, regulations and/or laws; and blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to perform the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; significant climbing and balancing; significant stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 15% sitting, 55% walking, and 30% standing. The job is performed under temperature extremes and under conditions with exposure to risk of injury and/or illness.
Must have a clear driving record and able to pass a pre-employment background check. We are a drug free company!