Work With Your Handz
NOW HIRING Service Manager for our HVAC and Plumbing Divisions
We are a successful family-owned business with over a decade of experience! We are expanding and are seeking a Service Department Manager that can maintain a positive attitude while leading our service team of Technicians, Division Leaders, Customer Service Representatives and Dispatchers. You will be responsible for the Call Center, Dispatch, Plumbing and HVAC departments and will oversee the departments at a high level. The current division leaders of each department will report to you. This is a great opportunity for a driven and ambitious person with a strong business acumen to bring a team to goals. You will report to the General Manager. Competitive base plus performance based bonus.
What can we do for YOU?
- Provide stability
- Our culture is built around respect and being family oriented
- Opportunity for continued growth
- Bonus plans
- Company vehicle plus gas card
- Great benefits package
- Pride in working for a company that makes a difference in the community and always does right by the customer.
- Company events
- Medical insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company matching
- Provided uniforms
- Pay range from $80k – $100k plus bonuses!
Responsibilities for the Service Department Manager:
- Monitor top tier customer problems to ensure a high level of response time and proper problem resolutions.
- Oversee all estimates that are generated through the service department.
- Oversee, schedule, and organize ongoing product training for the service team.
- Review the service board schedule with the dispatcher to assure that jobs have been scheduled properly. Meet daily with your plumbing and HVAC managers to review past and future scheduled jobs.
- Coordinate and calendarize regular performance reviews with your team per our procedural and policy manual. Coordinate and schedule all disciplinary action needed per our procedural and policy manual. Communicate these actions immediately to the Human Resources Department.
- Monitor schedules and holidays, as well as coordinate and create the monthly “On-Call” schedule. Monitor and track all “time off” requests to include: Paid Time Off, Sicks Days, Personal Days and Unscheduled Days.
- As needed, review how the CSRs are booking our jobs to be sure that all company are being followed.
- Review with your plumbing and HVAC division leaders the following metrics: Estimates written per job, average sales ticket per job, average callback rate per technician, memberships sold per division, truck, and sales revenue.
- Prepare and submit weekly service meeting agendas to your immediately leadership team.
- Prepare and submit annual budgetary numbers to the CFO and review all written estimates for proper pricing, job descriptions, parts lists, and grammar.
- Monitor GPS driving reports of all service technicians. Report any safety violations to the leadership team.
- Review all necessary material lists with the purchasing agent, dispatcher, and appropriate technician. Maintain communication with the Purchasing Agent, outside vendors and warehouse personnel concerning warranty issues, product recall notices, operational problems with products, premature failures, and other issues as they apply to products and equipment.
Requirements for the Service Department Manager:
- Residential Service Plumbing and HVAC Technician experience required
- Management in Plumbing or HVAC required; both preferred
- Service Titan experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Organized, efficient, and results driven.
- Strong customer service and salesmanship skills.
- Exhibit an in-depth knowledge and understanding of plumbing and HVAC trades.
- Availability to work nights and weekends, as needed.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and background.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, veteran status, disability, or other protected category. We are an equal opportunity employer. Pre-employment background check and drug test are required to be considered for this position.