Now Hiring in Colombia, MD
HVAC Training & Service Specialist
OUR CLIENT IS HIRING AN HVAC TRAINING & SERVICE SPECIALIST!
Our client has been in business for more than two decades and is a leader in Home Energy Ratings. They provide a competitive compensation package and flexible benefits that reflect our commitment to creating a supportive workplace.
They are seeking motivated individuals who demonstrate a commitment and enthusiasm for Energy Efficiency, Energy Sustainability, and Building Energy Performance of New Residential Construction!
What Can THEY Do For YOU?
- Provide stability – year-round employment
- Opportunity for advancement
- Flexible work schedule
- No weekends
- Paid on the job training
- Paid professional development through learning/certification opportunities
- Company-issued uniforms
- Company-issued gas cards, toll pass, and vehicle maintenance allowance (in addition to salary)
- Up to 20 annual paid days off
- State of the art equipment
- 401(k) with 4% company match – immediate vesting
- Medical insurance with a contribution of up to 50% off the monthly premium
- Dental, and vision insurance available
- Basic life and supplemental life coverage available
- 401k with 4% company match and immediate vesting
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Pay increases available for approved job-related certifications
- Starting pay is $47k per year
This position is directly responsible for service calls and training for the HVAC Grading Program in their assigned area. This position will also be responsible for a portion of the Quality Assurance Program. The qualified candidate will be required to become a Certified HERS Rater, in addition to other certifications (i.e. HVAC Grading Field Assessor, QAD – Quality Assurance Delegate, etc) that will enable the candidate to successfully manage direct reports ensuring Home Energy Audits are completed in accordance with RESNET Guidelines.
- 3+ years of HVAC Service, Install, or Repair experience within Residential and/or Commercial Construction is required.
- Must have a strong and in-depth knowledge and understanding of HVAC and refrigeration systems
- Must understand the layout, design, fabrication, and installation of HVAC/R system
- HERS Rater, Energy Star, Green Building, ACCA 310 HVAC Grading, IECC, HVAC EPA, BPI, and LEED certifications are a plus
- Must be willing to obtain additional certifications/licenses as required
- Clean, safe driving record with a valid driver’s license and dependable transportation
- Must be physically able to fulfill job functions, including lifting up to 50 lbs, carrying equipment, climbing ladders, work in confined spaces, and using small tools and testing equipment
- Must be dependable, self-directed, and able to complete projects with limited supervision
- Must be willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations
- Manage service calls concerning comfort and airflow issues.
- Ensure the thorough training of all assigned personnel following the ACCA 310 HVAC Grading and Air Balancing Program.
- Establish and enforce quality standards for reports and final product to the client.
- Assist in the resolution of any client issues which becomes apparent during the management period by PEG.
- Ensure the documentation/submission (reports/pictures) of all inspections (client/subcontractor) are completed and sent in within the required period.
- Assist in the completion of any program Quality Assurance requirements.
- Ensure contractors/clients adherence to established ACCA 310 HVAC Grading and Air Balancing Program
- Solicit feedback and provide support to client for handling contractor conflicts make final decisions regarding resolution of issues
- Follow up with client(s) after inspection to ensure they understand report(s) and answer any questions
- Balancing Program and implement any changes or improvements where necessary
- Responsible for documenting any conversations with clients/subcontractors and others in situations where there is potential for litigation
- Ensure all elements of the ACCA 310 HVAC Grading and Air Balancing Program are being properly communicated to clients and establish expectations of the program.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, veteran status, disability, or other protected category. We are an equal-opportunity employer. Pre-employment background check is required to be considered for this position.