Work With Your Handz
We are hiring Lead HVAC Installers!
Looking for an opportunity to work alongside the best in the industry? Look no further! With our client, you will be given independence, yet the support of an experienced team. We serve our customers with high standards when it comes to providing trustworthy advice & expert workmanship.
The HVAC installer is responsible for accurately installing HVAC equipment in residential structures. Ideal candidates will have at least 2 years experience as a lead installer and knowledge of HVAC equipment, codes, and proper installation procedures.
What can we do for you:
- Competitive pay
- Health insurance coverage for first 90 days (Cobra) upon request
- Health insurance & Company-funded HRA plan
- Option to purchase dental, vision, long-term disability, and other insurances
- Short-term disability insurance
- 401k, with 50% company match
- Paid vacations & holidays
- Normal schedule is 7:30am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday
- Opportunities for emergency weekend work available, if desired, at overtime pay rate + additional vacation time
- Generous profit-sharing, when applicable
- Company-provided vehicle & gas
- Company-provided iPad
- Co-op program for tool and boot purchases
- Mentorship under some of the best in the HVAC industry
- In-house training classes
- Manufacturer & dealer training classes
Job Responsibilities of our Lead HVAC Installer:
- Replace any heating, air conditioning, or refrigeration equipment or complete systems.
- Test electrical circuits and components for continuity, using electrical test equipment.
- Test pipe or tubing joints and connections for leaks, using a pressure gauge or soap-and-water solution.
- Join pipes or tubing to the equipment and to the fuel, water, or refrigerant source in order to form a complete circuit.
- Lay out and connect electrical wiring between the controls and equipment according to the wiring diagram, using an electrician’s hand tools.
- Obtain and maintain required certifications.
- Install, connect, and adjust thermostats, humidistats, and timers, using hand tools.
- Comply with all applicable standards, policies, and procedures, including safety procedures and the maintenance of a clean work area.
- Inspect and test systems to verify compliance with plans and specifications and to detect and locate malfunctions.
Job Duties of a Lead HVAC Installer:
- Knowledge of HVAC codes and proper application; knowledge of proper electrical and HVAC safety.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with internal and external customers.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer-focused work environment; ability to balance workload with technicians’ and customers’ needs.
- Ability to establish rapport with customers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion with information.
- Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must have strong math skills.
- Ability to utilize common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Ability to take timely action to effectively solve problems, using established policies and procedures.
Job Requirements for our Lead HVAC Installer:
- 3 years of HVAC field experience
- Minimum of 6 months experience as a lead installer required
- High Integrity
- Excellence in work quality
- EPA license preferred
- Service experience desired but not required
- Valid driver’s license.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prefer a Trade School graduate
- Ability to explain technical information to non-technical customers